Welcome to my personal Step Out page. I hope you will support me in this important event.
In 2018, I visited the largest Tour de Cure® in the country, and I was inspired. So I got a bike and started training for a 100k ride – even though I hadn’t been on a bike for 45 years! In 2019, I ended up riding in seven Tours de Cure® in just 11 months, including four 100k rides – what fun. In 2020, I rode eight Tours de Cure®. For 2021, I am going to ride ALL of them.
To further support the invaluable programs of the American Diabetes Association, this year I will also participate in all the Step Out Walks to Stop Diabetes®.
More than 34 million Americans, including me and some family members and friends, deal with the daily challenges of living with diabetes. Did you know diabetes is the leading cause of cardiovascular disease, blindness, kidney failure, and lower limb amputation? Plus:
- Diabetes claims the lives of over 200 people every day, more than AIDS and breast cancer combined.
- About every 21 seconds, someone gets the bad news, "you have diabetes".
- That's over 4,100 people newly diagnosed with diabetes every day.
When you donate:
- You spread awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes.
- You advocate for a child discriminated against in school because of diabetes.
- You fund life-saving research.
- You provide access to community programs and free resources that help those living with diabetes.
By participating in the Step Out, I hope to inspire others to join me and raise money for the vital mission of the American Diabetes Association.
Thank you for making a generous donation to this cause that is so important to me.