Run with Team Diabetes!
Running a Race that isn't a Marathon? We've got a spot for you!
Team Diabetes is for any runner who wants to be part of a team. Whether you jog around the block, run the occasional 5k, or you participate in Iron Man competitions, there’s a spot for you on Team Diabetes. When you register, you'll have the option to select the
Bank of America Chicago Marathon Running Team, or you may select "I am participating in a race other than the
Bank of America Chicago Marathon".
Already a registered Team Diabetes Runner? Click here to view all the latest news including information about Start Corrals, Abbott Health & Fitness EXPO, Team Diabetes Pasta Dinner, and the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Mobile App!
Join Team Diabetes Bank of America Chicago Marathon Running Team!
The American Diabetes Association will once again be participating in the October 9th, 2016
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
as a charity team,Team Diabetes. This will be our sixth year as an official charity, and we will once again be running for the 29 million people living with diabetes. Join us as we get fit, have fun, and fundraise for a meaningful cause!
When you join Team Diabetes you will help the 29 million Americans living with diabetes by raising critically needed funds for research, education and advocacy, while staying fit and accomplishing the goal of a lifetime. To learn more about Team Diabetes, please contact Ally O'Connor by phone at 312-346-1805 x6573, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are no longer giving guaranteed entries for the Chicago Marathon, however, if you already have your spot, we welcome you to join Team Diabetes and raise funds to help Stop Diabetes!
Benefits for Team Diabetes Bank of America Chicago Marathon Runners
All Runners who run with Team Diabetes in the
Chicago Marathon and raise the $1,000 minimum to support the ADA's mission will receive the same exclusive benefits! Post close spots must raise $1,500. Note: Runners must raise 75% of required funds no later than 10 days before the Marathon. If 75% of your funds are not raised, your bib will be held until payment is issued. No exceptions will be made.
- Guaranteed entry into the
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Marathon Training program through Chicago Endurance Sports. *This is now closed and CES is no longer accepting program entrees.
- Race Weekend VIP amenities.
- Personalized fundraising web page to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff.
- Exclusive Team Diabetes running jersey (when minimum is met).
- E-newsletters with training tips, fundraising tips, day of event information, and much more!
- Pasta Dinner (guests at a discounted price).
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re running for the 29 million Americans living with diabetes.
Upon registering on this site, you will be contacted by a member of the ADA staff.
When you sign up to be part of Team Diabetes you’ll receive this Stop Diabetes pin! When you raise $500, you receive the exclusive “In Training for Team Diabetes” shirt, and when you raise $1,000, you receive the Team Diabetes jersey!
Why run with Team Diabetes?
- Every 17 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes.
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non traumatic lower-limb amputations, and blindness among adults in the United States.
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
A Red Runner is someone living with diabetes that runs with Team Diabetes! The purpose of the Red Runner Program is to support everyone living with diabetes. It is an opportunity to participate with others sharing a similar story and to represent people living with diabetes.
By becoming a Red Runner, you will represent people with diabetes and raise critical funds for diabetes research and programs.
To inquire about partnership opportunities, please contact Ally O'Connor by phone at 312-346-1805 x6573, or email email@example.com.
Team Diabetes is an official charity and training program of Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
Chicago Endurance Sports is the Official Training Partner for Team Diabetes
For more information, please contact Ally O'Connor by phone at 312-346-1805 x6573, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.