Registration is open!
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon website is currently closed for applications until 9am December 14th, but you can still register to run with Team Diabetes!
- Join Team Diabetes by choosing ‘REGISTER’ as an individual – right side of website
- Complete and return this 2017 Team Diabetes Commitment form.
- Beginning on December 14th, visit the Chicago Marathon website to complete the application, running with the American Diabetes Association and Team Diabetes.
*Your entry is not guaranteed until you have registered on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon website and turned in both forms!
The American Diabetes Association will be participating in the 40th Anniversary of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 8, 2017 as a charity team, Team Diabetes! This will be our seventh year as an official charity, and we will once again be running for a life free of diabetes and all its burdens. Join us as we get fit, have fun, and fundraise for a meaningful cause!
For more than 75 years, millions of Americans with diabetes have relied on the American Diabetes Association to help them fight discrimination, prevent diabetes and better manage their diabetes—while we help fuel the vital research that produces breakthrough treatments and, one day, cures. When you join Team Diabetes, your fundraising support will help us stand beside the 29 million people living with diabetes—today and long into the future.
To learn more about Team Diabetes, please contact Mahreen Mirza by phone at 312-346-1806 x6565 or email, email@example.com.
Benefits for Team Diabetes Bank of America Chicago Marathon Runners
All Runners who run with Team Diabetes in the Chicago Marathon and raise the $1,500 minimum to support the ADA's mission will receive the same exclusive benefits! Post close spots must raise $1,500. Note: Runners must raise 75% of required funds no later than 10 days before the Marathon. If 75% of your funds are not raised, your bib will be held until payment is issued. No exceptions will be made.
- Guaranteed entry into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- FREE Marathon Training program through Chicago Endurance Sports.
- FREE access into Chicago Endurance Sports’ Race Day Resort
- Race Weekend VIP amenities. Pre Race Pasta Dinner
- Personalized fundraising webpage to help you reach your fundraising goal – available January 2017
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff.
- 2017 Team Diabetes running jersey (when minimum is met).
- Exclusive Team Diabetes “In Training” shirt
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re running for the 29 million Americans living with diabetes.
All runners who run with Team Diabetes in the Chicago Marathon and raise the fundraising minimum in support of the American Diabetes Association mission will receive the above benefits! Guaranteed entry runners must raise $1,500; post drawing runners must raise $1,500.
*NOTE – Runners must raise 75% of required funds no later than 10 days before the Marathon. If 75% of your funds are not raised, your bib will be held until payment is issued. NO exceptions will be made.
Why run with Team Diabetes?
- The American Diabetes Association is the only organization dedicated to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Every 23 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
Red Runners are athletes who have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, and they’re the reason we run! Registering as a Red Runner presents an opportunity to participate with others sharing a similar story, and to represent all people living with diabetes.
Running a Race that isn't a Marathon? We've got a spot for you!
Team Diabetes is for any runner who wants to be part of a team. Whether you jog around the block, run the occasional 5k, or you participate in Iron Man competitions, there’s a spot for you on Team Diabetes. When you register, you'll have the option to select the
Bank of America Chicago Marathon Running Team, or you may select "I am participating in a race other than the
Bank of America Chicago Marathon".
To inquire about partnership opportunities, please contact Mahreen Mirza by phone at 312-346-1806 x6565 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Diabetes is an official charity and training program of Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
Chicago Endurance Sports is the Official Training Partner for Team Diabetes
For more information, please contact Mahreen Mirza by phone at 312-346-1806 x6565 or