Registration is now open for the 2018 Team Diabetes Bank of America Chicago Marathon team!
The American Diabetes Association's Team Diabetes is accepting applications for the 2018 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- CLICK HERE to complete the Bank of America Chicago Marathon application, running with an official charity organization American Diabetes Association.
- You will receive an email from Bank of America Chicago Marathon after you submit your application. Please make sure you receive and open that email to confirm your entry!
- Before Team Diabetes can approve your entry, each runner must register on the American Diabetes Association Team Diabetes webpage (chose REGISTER as an individual right side of website) and complete and return this 2018 Team Diabetes Commitment Form
The American Diabetes Association will be participating in the 41st Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 7, 2018 as a charity team, Team Diabetes! This will be our eighth year as an official charity, and we will once again be running for a life free of diabetes and all its burdens. Join us as we get fit, have fun, and fundraise for a meaningful cause!
For more than 75 years, millions of Americans with diabetes have relied on the American Diabetes Association to help them fight discrimination, prevent diabetes and better manage their diabetes—while we help fuel the vital research that produces breakthrough treatments and, one day, cures. When you join Team Diabetes, your fundraising support will help us stand beside the 30 million people living with diabetes—today and long into the future.
To learn more about Team Diabetes, please contact Mahreen Mirza by phone at 312-346-1806 x6565 or email, email@example.com.
Team Diabetes Chicago by Slidely Slideshow
Benefits for Team Diabetes Bank of America Chicago Marathon Runners
All Runners who run with Team Diabetes in the Chicago Marathon and raise the $1,000 minimum to support the ADA's mission will receive the same exclusive benefits! Pre-lottery spots must raise $1,000. Note: Runners must raise 75% of required funds by the Friday of Race Day Weekend (October 5th, 2018). If 75% of your funds are not raised, your running bib will be held until payment is issued. No exceptions will be made.
- Guaranteed entry into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- FREE Marathon Training program through Chicago Endurance Sports.
- FREE access into Chicago Endurance Sports' Race Day Resort
- Race Weekend VIP amenities. Pre-Race Pasta Dinner
- Personalized fundraising webpage to help you reach your fundraising goal
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff.
- 2018 Team Diabetes NIKE Race Day jersey (when 75% of minimum is met).
- Exclusive Team Diabetes "In Training" shirt
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff
- The satisfaction of knowing you're running for the 30 million Americans living with diabetes.
All runners who run with Team Diabetes in the Chicago Marathon and raise the fundraising minimum in support of the American Diabetes Association mission will receive the above benefits! Pre- lottery guaranteed entry runners must raise $1,000; post lottery runners must raise $1,500. *NOTE Runners must raise 75% of required funds by the Friday of Race Day Weekend (October 5th, 2018). If 75% of your funds are not raised, your running bib will be held until payment is issued. No exceptions will be made.
Why run with Team Diabetes?
- The American Diabetes Association is the only organization dedicated to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Every 23 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
Red Runners are athletes who have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, and they're the reason we run! Registering as a Red Runner presents an opportunity to participate with others sharing a similar story, and to represent all people living with diabetes.