Register. Ask a Friend. Start a Team. Stop Diabetes.
When: August 16, 2014
Where: Watkins Glen High School
Address: 301 12th St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Registration Fee: 25.00
Fundraising Minimum: 200
Route Distances: 10M, 20M, 35, 62.5M, 100M
Contact your event manager, Kris Alexich:
email@example.com | (315)438-8687 ext.3665
Please mail checks to our local office:
American Diabetes Association
ATTN: Tour de Cure
6390 Fly Rd
East Syracuse, NY 13057
39 teams. 357 riders. Join us!
Our Goal: $225,000.00 | We've Raised: $149,298.96
The Watkins Glen FLX Tour de Cure is a beautiful Tour along the impressive wine trail of Seneca Lake. From the 10 mile family ride to the challenging 100 mile century ride there is a route for every skill level.
The ride begins and ends at the Watkins Glen High School and each route winds its way through the country roads of the Finger Lakes.
The 10 and 20 mile riders will enjoy a ride on the historic Catherine Valley Trail (CVT). Developed for year round pleasure of walkers, skiers and runners, our riders can expect the beautiful wooded views as they travel the CVT, the surface is comprised of both paved areas and packed crush stone. Whether you are an occasional rider or an experienced cyclist, there is a route just for you:
Along the way there are fully stocked rest stops, safety vehicles, bike mechanics and more. Once you return to the school you will be cheered on by our volunteers and treated to lunch. So take the Ride of Your Life and sign up today!
Tour de Cure is more than just a cycling event. It's a life-changing event. A day full of fun and excitement where riders of all levels join forces in the fight to Stop Diabetes® and raise critical funds for diabetes research, education and advocacy in support of the American Diabetes Association.
10. The completed emergency information form.
9. Your collection envelope containing any donations by check. (Please convert cash or coins to a check payable to the American Diabetes Association.)
8. Your helmet. No helmet, no ride!
7. A well-tuned bike. Pack a spare-tube, patch kit, pump and tire tools.
6. A well-trained body and any medications or diabetic supplies you will need. Carry your personal ID and insurance cards.
5. Clothing appropriate for the weather. We ride rain or shine!
4. A water bottle and a second bottle for sports drink to ensure you stay well-hydrated.
3. A parent or guardian if you’re under 18. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
2. $200 or more turned in on or before the day of the Tour de Cure in order to participate.
1. Excitement for a great ride and the impact you’re making to Stop Diabetes!
The FLX Local Tour Guide has the answers to many questions. Download the document here.
Here are the cue sheets for the routes:
10 Mile, 20Mile, 35Mile, 62.5 Mile, and the Nel's Tractor Century (100Mile) . We also have a general route overview.
Training and Safety: We want you to get yourself and your bike Tour ready. We have a Training and Safety page that will help you with this. Make sure you brush up on the rules of the road.
Nel's Tractor Century (100 MI)
Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tdcflx.