Join me in the fight to Stop Diabetes!
FOLKS, HERE ARE THE STAGGERING STATS...
- Nearly 30 million Americans have diabetes and face its devastating consequences.
- In New York alone, 2,072,000 people have diabetes. That's 12% of our population!
- 517,000 have diabetes but don't know it. 5,412,000 New Yorkers have prediabetes.
- $21.6 billion is spent on the cost of diabetes in New York each year.
- People with diabetes have medical expenses 2.3 times higher than those who do not have diabetes.
- $15.8 billion was spent on direct medical expenses for diabetes in 2012 in New York State.
- $ 5.8 billion was spent on indirect costs from lost productivity in 2012 in New York State due to diabetes.
- In 2015, The National Institute on Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases (NIDDKD) spent $99,559.248 on diabetes related research in New York.
- In 2015, The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Diabetes Translation Program, spent $5,081,315 on diabetes prevention and education in New York.
- Diabetes is a pandemic- Every 21 seconds, someone in America hears the words, "You have Diabetes."
let's beat this.
Our mission is one and the same. To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected with diabetes.
The Manning & Napier Tour de Cure is an event that no matter what road you take, you can join thousands of people who have the same passion...to fight diabetes and its burdens. It's a celebration bringing together people of all ages and ability levels to Stop Diabetes.
Many Roads. One Purpose.
Join my team: diabetes.org/tryonbike
Donate and be a part of the solution: main.diabetes.org/goto/peteragonese
THANK YOU EVERYBODY!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.