Welcome to Sherri's Tour Page
Welcome to my Tour webpage and Thank You for stopping by!
Why did I ask you to come here? Because I would like you to join me in helping the American Diabetes Association continue to do the important work that they do.
Why the ADA? Because I have diabetes! So, it's personal.
Diabetes affects over 30 million Americans and 24 % of those, or over 7 million, don't even know they have it! In addition, another 84 million adults have prediabetes. That is one third of the adult population of the US!
High blood sugar doesn't sound so bad until you consider the complications that can arise: heart disease, stroke, amputation, end-stage kidney disease, blindness – and death.
I signed up to ride in the Tour de Cure for two reasons:
- to be accountable to myself and all my friends and family for making the best choices I can make for the management of my own health.
- to help the ADA raise money to continue the important work that they do on behalf of everyone with diabetes, like me!
- Educate the at-risk population and the millions of Americans with diabetes through community programs and free resources
- Advocate for persons with diabetes that are discriminated against at work, at school and in other areas of their lives and
- Fund the scientific research that may one day find the cure!
Because this is a fundraising event, and because it means so much to me, I have made the first donation toward my fundraising goal of $1000. Please help me reach, and even surpass, my fundraising goal.
Thank you, in advance, for making a generous donation to this cause that is so important to me!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.