Welcome to Rick's Personal Page
Thank you for visiting my personal page, and I hope you will support me in the 2019 DFW Tour de Cure®.
Last year I visited the largest Tour de Cure® in the country, and I was inspired. I came home, bought a bike and started training hard for the 100k ride here in DFW. But the weather last Fall was not cooperative, and all the cycling was cancelled because the main road was washed away -- bummer!
2018 seems like just the other day, but for 2019 they moved the Tour de Cure® up from October to June. So, hopefully, we won't have that disappointment again.
I really appreciate all the support I got for the 2018 event. Now I am asking you to support me in the 2019 Tour de Cure®.
- Diabetes claims the lives of over 200 people every day, more than AIDS and breast cancer combined.
- About every 21 seconds, someone gets the bad news, "you have diabetes".
- That's over 4,100 people newly diagnosed with diabetes every day.
- You spread awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes.
- You advocate for a child discriminated against in school because of diabetes.
- You fund life-saving research.
- You provide access to community programs and free resources that help those living with diabetes.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.