Welcome to my Personal Page!
I am asking you to support me in the Tour de Cure® because finding a cure for diabetes means so much to me as a "Red Rider!"
I joined the Tour de Cure because today alone over 4,100 people will be diagnosed and because more than 30 million adults and children in the United States are living with this terrible disease.
I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on July 22, 2019. This has been one of the most mentally, physically, and emotionally challenging things I have had to work to overcome in my day-to-day life. I once tallied how many times a day my thoughts revolved around this disease- The total was 72. 72 extra thoughts a day to keep my body in check and properly functioning. Did you know T1D:
- Is an autoimmune disease in which a person's pancreas stops producing insulin – the hormone that controls blood sugar levels
- Strikes children and adults suddenly and is unrelated to diet and lifestyle
- Requires constant carb counting, blood-glucose testing, and lifelong dependence on insulin
- Is a constant balancing act that can result in stress and sleepless nights
There is no way to prevent T1D and there is no cure – yet...But, I will also not let anything hold me back!
Help Me Reach My Goal! When you donate:
- You spread awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes.
- You advocate for a child with diabetes to have the same learning opportunities at school.
- You fund life-saving research.
- You provide access to community programs and free resources that help those living with diabetes.
By participating in the Tour de Cure, I hope to inspire others to join me and raise money.
Thank you for making a generous donation to this cause that is so important to me.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.