Welcome to My Tour de Cure Web Page!
Hello friends and family,
I am riding in the Chicago Area American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure on June 2, 2019 as part of the La Rabida Children's Hospital and Ann & Robert H Lurie Children's Hospital team. This year, Jonathan, Sydney, Ari and I will all be riding on our own bikes! (some of you will likely get emails like this from all 4 of us, so just choose 1 to support!)
As you know, as a pediatric endocrinologist, I help care for many children with diabetes and also support and volunteer with the ADA's diabetes camps.
Of course, in addition, many of our family members have type 2 diabetes and I had gestational diabetes and will likely one day have type 2 diabetes also - so this organization is important to us on a personal and professional level.
This ride helps raise money for diabetes research, advocacy, education, and programming.
We would love your support in any way possible- and of course, we are happy to expand our team and include more friends and family - so don't be shy if you want to join us!
This exciting, family oriented event will be held at RiverEdge Park in Aurora, IL on Sunday, June 2nd with participation options including: 12, 30, 63 and 100 mile cycling routes.
Why the American Diabetes Association and Tour de Cure?
- Diabetes is the our country is facing#1 chronic health crises
- 30.3 million Americans are living with diabetes – that’s 1 in 11 Americans
- 84.1 million American adults have prediabetes – 90% don’t know they have it
- If trends continue, by 2050, 1 in 3 American adults will be diagnosed with diabetes
- Every 21 seconds, someone in the United States is diagnosed with diabetes
- Diabetes kills more Americans every year than AIDS and breast cancer combined
- The total cost of diabetes and prediabetes in the United States is $322 billion
With your support, La Rabida and Lurie Children’s will help fund research to prevent, cure, and manage diabetes; deliver services to hundreds of communities; provide objective and credible information; and give a voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
Feel free to contact me for more information, and thank you for your support!
We truly appreciate your support. Together we can Stop Diabetes!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.