Welcome to my Personal Page
Welcome to my Tour de Cure page!
This is an important year for our Tour de Cure. Not only is it my 21st year of involvement as the chief staffperson for our northern California event, but it marks a key year of transition and re-building as we convert what was the Napa Valley Tour (for more than 25 years) into the Wine Country Tour de Cure. Since the conclusion of our last event I have been proud to be the leader of our transition to a new and more hospitable location in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country. We are excited about the move (to Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park) and the exciting routes we have built in this amazing and diverse part of Wine Country Even though I'm facing the twilight of my tenure with retirement on the (near or not so near) horizon, this transition has revitalized my commitment to the event, the cause and the mission as I look towards sunset. I believe our new setting will eventually help build growth potential and accelerate support of the event, which over my years of involvement has raised more than $18 million to advance the mission of the American Diabetes Association. I believe the ADA still offers the best hope and promise for research discovery, meaningful education, advocacy and patient support on behalf of 4 million Californians with diabetes and another 10.7 million who have prediabetes.
In 1995 when I joined the American Diabetes Association we spoke about 13.5 million Americans with diabetes, and this year we talk about more than 30 million Americans with diabetes and another 84 million with prediabetes. Current predictions are for 50 million Americans by 2050. But we are dedicatedt to 'bending he curve' downwards for the future. Your support can make a meaningful differencce in making this happen. Can I count on your support?
Help Me Reach My Goal!
When you donate:
- You spread awareness of the devastating effects of diabetes.
- You advocate for an employee who lost her job after she was fired to taking a break outside her prescribed break period in order to test her blood glucose and eat a needed snack to elevate her blood sugar level
- You fund life-saving research for type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
- You provide access to community programs and free resources that help those living with diabetes
- You provide emergency diabetes supplies and insulin to people who have lost their homes due to devastating hurricanes, wildfires and floods.
Thank you for making a generous donation to this cause that is so important to all of us who have been touched by family, friends, colleagues, associates and others who have struggled with diabetes.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.