Support my 2014 Tour de Cure ride!
I am riding in this year's American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure cycling event to help Stop Diabetes. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just before my 5th birthday. I will once again be team captain for The Works Rides (facebook.com/theworksrides). I am also a Red Rider, riding with diabetes.
I am participating in this event for many reasons. First, is a commitment to a healthy lifestyle that I hope provides a positive example for my patients, friends, and family. I am riding to raise awareness and money for the American Diabetes Association. Finally, I am riding end diabetes in our lifetime!
Please support my ride with a donation to The American Diabetes Association. I have set a goal of $3,600, or $100 for every year that I have had diabetes!
Suggested donation levels are:
- $26 for each of the 26 million Americans living with diabetes.
- $36 for each year that I have lived with diabetes.
- $67 for each mile I will ride.
- $100 for each kilometer that I will ride.
- More than $100 because you feel like supporting a great cause and are impressed that I will pedal my bike so far! :)
Any value that you can afford will be appreciated. No matter how small or large, your generous gift will help improve the lives of nearly 26 million Americans who suffer from diabetes. Together, we can all make a difference and STOP DIABETES!
Team Captain, The Works Rides