Welcome to Bob Shaw's Tour de Cure Web Page!
Please Support Me in the 2020 Tour de Cure!
I am now training for my 10th Tour De Cure. As a Type 2 diabetic and I am truly lucky to have been able to maintain my health, train and finish the past nine Tour de Cures. This year, 40% of COVID-19 deaths have been tied to diabetes and/or obesity. Our event this year is a virtual ride/walk/run (we are on our own without support).
Please Help Me Make a Difference in the fight against diabetes!
I will be cycling 100 kilometers in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fundraising event on October 18th .
Please support me with a donation by selecting the "Donate" button.
Our efforts will help set the pace in the fight against diabetes. So let's get in gear and ride to Stop Diabetes!
The money you donate will be used in the fight to prevent (educate) and cure diabetes.
Here are the facts:
- Prevalence: In 2018, 34.2 million Americans, or 10.5% of the population, had diabetes.
- Nearly 1.6 million Americans have type 1 diabetes, including about 187,000 children and adolescents
- Undiagnosed: Of the 34.2 million adults with diabetes, 26.8 million were diagnosed, and 7.3 million were undiagnosed.
- Prevalence in seniors: The percentage of Americans age 65 and older remains high, at 26.8%, or 14.3 million seniors (diagnosed and undiagnosed).
- New cases: 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
- Prediabetes: In 2015, 88 million Americans age 18 and older had prediabetes.
No matter how large or small, your generous gift will help improve the lives of nearly 34 million Americans who suffer from diabetes in the hope that future generations can live in a world without this disease. Together, we can all make a difference!
Thank you for making a generous contribution to this cause that is so important to me!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.