Join Team GECU!
We have formed a team to support the American Diabetes Association because we want to make a difference in the lives of those affected by this disease. We are committed to participate together and raise money not just because nearly 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, but because we personally know some of them, and want to do something about it.
- This fun event takes place at a new location, The Cincinnati Zoo, on Sunday, October 15, 2017 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- The walk is a loop around the zoo. Walkers may choose from either a 1-mile or 3-mile loop.
- You will be a Zoo guest – each registered walker receives a ticket to the Zoo with free parking.
- The fund-raising goal per walker is $100. The credit union will help you reach this goal by matching every dollar you raise (matching funds cannot exceed $1,500). This means if you raise $50, GECU will contribute another $50!
- The registration fee is $25. GECU will underwrite registration fee for General Electric Credit Union employees participating in the event (you simply pay it then forward the receipt to Jill Matson for a refund).
- ADA awards gifts to those reaching certain fundraising goals. Participants raising $100 will receive an official walk shirt. We will also have a special team sweatshirt to wear to the event, and you may wear it (or your official walk shirt) to work on Friday, October 13th.
- One lucky team member will win a day off work! All employees participating will be eligible for a drawing for a paid day off work.
If you can't join us, support us!
By making a donation or joining our team, you will be helping the Association provide community-based education programs, protect the rights of people with diabetes and fund critical research for a cure. Please make a donation to one of our team members or join us by registering on our team. When we bring together dedicated team members and kind donors, the power we have as a group far outweighs what any of us could do alone.
We are determined to reach our team goal, one person at a time. So let's get in gear and make a difference together!