Run with Team Diabetes! August 7, 2016
We have raised $380.00 towards our goal of $10,000.00
Your First Mud Run is the ONLY mud run in the country where both parents and kids can run together. The course is 1.5 to 2 miles and includes 10–16 obstacles that are designed for adults and kids. If you ever thought about doing a mud run, this is the perfect “first timer” event. Anyone 6 years old and up can participate in the fun. Bring the whole gang along as you achieve your fitness goals together!
Benefits for Team Diabetes Runners
All participants who run with Team Diabetes in Your First Mud Run must raise a minumum of $200, which directly supports the American Diabetes Association's mission. By raising the minumum, you will receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Complimentary registration for Your First Mud Run on August 7, 2016 at Garrett Mountain.
- Exclusive Team Diabetes t-shirt.
- Access to Team Diabetes hospitality tent at finish line with food, entertainment & more.
- Finishers medal & event t-shirt.
- Personalized fundraising web page to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Support from other teammates and Association fundraising staff.
- Invitation to a post-event party with food and prizes (post-event party is not on race weekend; date TBD).
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re running for the over 29 million Americans living with diabetes.
In addition, Team Diabetes runners who raise $1,000 or more to support the Association's mission are known as Champions to Stop Diabetes and will receive the following benefits, in addition to those listed above:
- Exclusive American Diabetes Association Champions Medal.
- Invitation for two to the Association's annual Champions Dinner (August 25 in Bridgewater, NJ).
- Complimentary registration in any 2017 Tour de Cure event in New Jersey.
Upon registering on this site, you will be contacted by an American Diabetes Association staff member.
Why Run with Team Diabetes?
When you join Team Diabetes you will help the 29 million Americans living with diabetes by raising critically needed funds for research, education and advocacy, while staying fit and accomplishing the goal of a lifetime. Did you know?:
- Every 17 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes.
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non traumatic lower-limb amputations, and blindness among adults in the United States.
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
A Red Strider (or Red Runner) is someone living with diabetes that runs with Team Diabetes! The purpose of the Red Strider program is to support everyone living with diabetes. It is an opportunity to participate with others sharing a similar story and to represent people living with diabetes.
As a Red Strider, you will represent people with diabetes and raise critical funds for diabetes research and programs.
To secure your spot, follow these easy steps:
Step 1 - Join the team! Simply click “Register” at the top of this page. Once you complete the process, you'll have your very own fundraising page created for you. From your participant center, you will be able to upload a photo and customize the text on the page so you can share your story about why you are choosing to run with Team Diabetes.
Step 2 - An Association staff member will contact you with a special promo code to use when registering on the Your First Mud Run site.
Step 3 - Register using your unique code.
Team Diabetes is an official charity of Your First Mud Run.
Questions? Please contact Katy Lido at email@example.com or (732) 469-7979, ext. 3521.