STEP OUT® IS NOW VIRTUAL
The safety and health of people living with diabetes, their families, our supporters and volunteers are our #1 priority. With that in mind, we have decided to host our Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes® event VIRTUALLY.
The American Diabetes Association® (ADA) continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other health authorities and have decided to change ALL events nationwide to virtual events to include the 2020 Step Out: Baltimore on 10/4/20.
Even though we won’t be hosting a traditional event, our virtual event will be a chance for you to participate with other people in our community – keeping safe distancing rules in place, of course. Prior to event day, we will have fun and engaging ways to connect to our community of supporters.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
- Walk or Run in your neighborhood or at home. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe. Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are you running or walking to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging please share a picture, a post or a video using the hashtag #VirtualStepOut2020.
- Share Your Why Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are you running or walking to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It's powerful and encouraging please share a picture, a post or a video using the hashtag #VirtualStepOut2020.
- Track and share your progress: As you train for the Step Out, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
- Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Step Out participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
- Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able. Access your Participant Center to get started.
Our finish line may look different, but our mission remains firm. Now, more than ever, people living with diabetes need your help, and the virtual Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes® is a great way to show support and fundraise.
People living with diabetes are more vulnerable due to the Covid-19 virus, and we have been working hard to support them throughout this pandemic. By joining the virtual Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes, you will help us continue this critical work. Ask your friends and family to join you anywhere they are!
We will be connected, at a distance, and make a difference in the lives of millions.
COMMUNITY FOR LIFE
If you are living with type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes, you will be recognized at Step Out as a Red Strider. You will be surrounded (virtually) by people from our community who are passionate about the fight against diabetes.
We know you may have questions about COVID-19 (coronavirus). We continue to advocate and ensure you have the resources you need. Please visit our COVID-19 HUB for the latest information and resources. Visit diabetes.org/coronavirus.
#StepOutDiabetes #Connectedforlife #Awakentheworld #VirtualStepOut2020