If you've already registered for this event, please Login to access your Participant Center.
Run with Team Diabetes
26 miles for 26 million people living with diabetes
10.13.2013 | Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Congratulations to all Team Diabetes Runners!
The American Diabetes Association would like to extend its sincere congratulations to all of our 2013 Bank of Chicago Marathon Team Diabetes Runners! We are proud to have you on our team, and Thank You for your accomplishments! To view photos from the pasta dinner and race day, please visit our American Diabetes Association Chicago Facebook page: www.facebook.com/adachicago.
Team Diabetes runners committed to raising $1,200 for 26 million Americans living with diabetes will receive:
- Marathon Training program through the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) (http://www.cararuns.org/). View more information about CARA.
- 1 year membership with CARA, (Local residents only).
- Race Weekend VIP amenities.
- Personalized fundraising web page to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Support from other teammates and ADA staff.
- Exclusive Team Diabetes running jersey.
- E-newsletters with training tips, fundraising tips, day of event information, and much more…
- Team Diabetes incentive prizes.
- Pasta Dinner (guests at a discounted price).
- Post party celebration.
- Official cheering stations at mile 3.
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re running 26 miles for 26 million Americans living with diabetes.
Upon registering on this site, you will be contacted by a member of the ADA staff. If you have any questions, please contact Anna Van Handel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Team Diabetes?
The American Diabetes Association will be participating in the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon as a charity team, Team Diabetes. This will be our second year as an official charity, and we will once again be running 26 miles for 26 million people living with diabetes. Join us as we get fit, have fun, and fundraise for a meaningful cause!
When you join Team Diabetes you will help the 26 million Americans living with diabetes by raising critically needed funds for research, education and advocacy, while staying fit and accomplishing the goal of a lifetime.
- Every 17 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non traumatic lower-limb amputations, and blindness among adults in the United States
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined
Join the movement to STOP DIABETES.
A Red Runner is someone living with diabetes that runs with Team Diabetes! The purpose of the Red Runner Program is to support everyone living with diabetes. It is an opportunity to participate with others sharing a similar story and to represent people living with diabetes. As a Red Runner, you will receive a complimentary gift on the day of the Marathon when you join Team Diabetes!
By becoming a Red Runner, you will represent people with diabetes and raise critical funds for diabetes research and programs.
To inquire about partnership opportunities, please contact Anna Van Handel at email@example.com or (312) 346-1805 ext. 6578.
Event Entry Requirements
Find out more at www.chicagomarathon.com.
Team Diabetes is an official charity and training program of Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
For more information please contact Anna Van Handel: firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 346-1805 ext.6578