Join us for the 2014 P.F. Chang's Rock
'N' Roll Marathon & ½ Marathon!
TEAM DIABETES | 1.19.2014
If you've already registered for this event, please LOGIN to access your Participant Center.
2014 Phoenix Team Diabetes
Team Diabetes is the marathon and half marathon training program of the American Diabetes Association. Whether a runner or a walker, we will provide you the training and support you need to complete a marathon, half-marathon, or 2-person relay.
Training includes a 20-week flexible schedule consisting of weekly group runs and walks, speed workouts and clinics by medical and fitness professionals.
Our group runs and social events create a fun, supportive team environment that includes fundraising support and guidance to ensure that the low fundraising minimum is easy to achieve.
Team Diabetes runners committed to raising $1,000 ($1,500 per pair) for the 26 million Americans living with diabetes will receive:
- Marathon or Half Marathon training, coaching and support
- Personalized fundraising web page to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Support from teammates and ADA staff.
- Exclusive Team Diabetes tech tee ($500) and running singlet ($1,000) at fundraising milestones.
- E-newsletters with training tips, fundraising tips, day of event information, and much more…
- Team Diabetes incentive prizes.
- Group runs and social events
- Pasta Dinner (guests at a discounted price).
- Post-Event Recognition Party.
- Official cheering stations along the route
The satisfaction of knowing you’re running for 26 million Americans living with diabetes.
Individual Runner - $1,000
Perfect Pair Program - $1,500*
*Pairs are limited to two pepople. Both runners must register and recommit at the same time. Fundraising may be done in any combination. Some restrictions apply.
Not from the Phoenix area? Don't worry, Team Diabetes is open to everyone! If you'd like to train with Team Diabetes from your home, we will provide you with a virtual training program, courtesy of runcoach, and all the Team Diabetes' benefits - a comprehensive training schedule, weekly communications, staff support, incentives and prizes! *Out-of-town runners are responsible for their own travel and lodging accommodations.
When you join Team Diabetes, you help the nearly 26 million Americans living with diabetes by raising critically needed funds for research, education and advocacy - while staying fit and accomplishing the goal of a lifetime!
Did you know?
- 1 in 9 people living in Arizona have diabetes.
- 1 in 3 children born in 2000 or later will develop type 2 diabetes in their lifetime if current trends continue
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non-traumatic lower-limb amputations and blindness among U.S. adults
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
Join Team Diabetes and join the movement to Stop Diabetes®!
You can learn more about Team Diabetes at these Upcoming Events:
Team D runners in the Phoenix area can train with the experienced FAST staff, including a personalized training schedule and weekly group runs in the East Valley or the West Valley*!
FAST Ahwatukee (East) - 15410 S. Mountain Parkway
FAST Arrowhead (West) - 7707 W. Deer Valley Road
*Training locations may vary
Team D runners who are outside of the Phoenix area can receive a 6-month membership* to runcoach - a 100% adjustable online coaching service to help you run your best on race day!
*Valid August 2013 - January 2014
Click HERE to download the Team Diabetes Sponsorship Opportunities Packet.
All sponsorships are customizable to fit the needs of your company.
For more information please contact Lynda Brown at (602) 861-4731 x 7102
Official Sponsors of Team Diabetes:
Team Diabetes is an official charity and training program of:
For more information, please contact Lynda Brown: email@example.com or (602) 861-4731 ext.7102