“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart!” –Elizabeth Andrews
Volunteers are so special to the American Diabetes Association and every hour you give makes a major impact. The Tour de Cure is such an amazing event and that’s because of so many volunteers giving of their heart and soul. If you can’t think of a reason to volunteer… try one of these on for size:
- You have a passion for the Tour de Cure and the mission of the American Diabetes Association!
- You love to ride your bike and this gives you a chance to share that love with others.
- You have a desire to be a part of a fun and exciting group and meet new people.
- You are incredibly creative and need an outlet for all of your ideas!
- You have a degree in logistics management and wonder why you aren’t doing anything with it.
- You are energetic and your desk job isn’t cuttin’ it.
- You didn’t like something about last year’s event and know you could help to make some improvements.
- It’s a great way to be a part of the community and make a difference.
- You have a close connection to diabetes and this is a way you can help!
Whatever your reason, we would love for you to become part of this dynamic, passionate, and fun group of people who volunteer together at this event. Please fill out and return the attached form!
Day of Event Volunteer positions available:
- Event Set up
- Route Signage
- Volunteer Check-in
- SAG (Support And Gear) Vehicle Driver or Assistance
- Medical Support
- Rest Stop Volunteer
- Road Marshall (Stationary at high traffic intersections)
- Route Marshall
- Traffic Control
- Start/Finish line cheer teams
- Active Kids’ Area
- Lunch Tent
- And more!
To learn more about volunteering or to sign up; reach out to your Local Event Contact:
Name: Malorie Marrs
Phone: 479.464.4121 x6856