Be a Leader - Champions to Stop Diabetes
If you are ready to do more than just register we want to encourage you to become a Champion to Stop Diabetes! Anyone can become a Champion and the impacts they make are felt far and wide! Those riders who raise $1,000 or more are Champions to Stop Diabetes.
Champions help the American Diabetes Association to; train school
personnel to keep children with diabetes safe at school, provide assistance to
individuals who are being discriminated against because of their diabetes,
provide support to people who are newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and so
much more. In short funds raised by Champions directly impact some of our most
How Can I Become a Champion to Stop Diabetes?
- If you haven't registered yet, do that first! Simply click REGISTER at the top of the screen.
- Set your goal at $1,000 or more. Remember, ADA will be there every step of the way to help you achieve your goal.
- Tell everyone you know you are ‘Striving to be Champion’ and that you need their support. You can even use pre-written email templates in your Fundraising Center that asks others to help you become a Champion!
- Thank your donors, ask others to support you, and watch your thermometer grow!
- Celebrate becoming a Champion to Stop Diabetes and receive extra perks at the event. Check out our new 2017 recognition gifts here.
2017 Champion to Stop Diabetes Benefits:
- Champion to Stop Diabetes Medal and VIP Pass
- Event day benefits including VIP Parking, Toilet of Champions and access to Champions Tent
- Invitation to our exclusive Champions Dinner on Friday, September 8!
2017 Steve Bieringer Memorial Champion's Dinner Details:
Where: Tour de Cure Headquarters, Salisbury Park, 11920
N. Motsenbocker Road, Parker, CO
When: Friday, September 8, 2017
- 5PM - Champions Check-In (NOTE: This year Early Packet Pick-Up will not be available for all participants, only you, our Superhero Champions)
- 6PM - Champions Dinner Begins
- 6:30PM - Program
NEW IN 2017: The Get Fit Don’t Sit Activity Zone will be OPEN for you the night of September 8 for you to enjoy the activities and get a sneak-peek preview before Tour on Saturday.
Plus...The coveted 2017 Champion to Stop Diabetes Jersey to wear on event day! We are excited about our new recognition program for 2017. Click here for all the details and Tour gear you will earn when you reach Champion status (FYI - it's more than just the Champion jersey!)
Have you seen the 2017 Champions Package? This could all be yours – just make sure you’re in attendance at the Champions Dinner on Friday, September 8.
The Adult Champions Package features:
One week stay at Vail Run Resort
Trek Bicycle courtesy of Bicycle Village
Primal Helix Bib Kit
Spyder Gear including hoodies, shirts, jackets, pants, and more
Bicycle Village gear including a Camelbak, hoodies, jackets, shirts, Optic Nerve sunglasses and accessories, bike light, gloves, pumps and more
The Kids Champions Package features:
Bike courtesy of Bicycle Village
Bicycle Village gear including bike pump, horn, shirts, lights, gloves, helmet, Camelback, and more
Primal waterbottle and drawstring pack
For more information on the Champions Dinner, please call Susanna: 720-855-1102 ext. 7019, firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Hi, I’m Martin Plumleigh, Colorado Tour de Cure Champions Chairman. I support Tour de Cure because my daughter, Caroline, lives with type 1 diabetes and is a Red Participant, and I have many friends who battle type 1 or 2 diabetes. I salute them for the daily success of their personal struggle.
I want you to know that your hard work counts! For Champions, there’s lots of varying incentive gifts but still greatest incentive is your personal contribution to help eliminate diabetes, and improve the lives of thousands.
The diabetes community needs you to be a part of Tour de
Cure and help raise money to find a cure! On
behalf of Caroline and myself-THANK YOU.
KEEP CALM and PEDAL ON!!!"
Colorado Tour de Cure Volunteer Planning Committee
Secrets to Success from A Champion to Stop Diabetes
Hi guys - I just wanted to share with you some things for those who haven’t ridden or fundraised for the Tour de Cure before:
1. It’s easy - 2 years I’ve been a Champion (last year fell short) and honestly it’s simply a matter of sitting down, spending 30 mins to load my contacts, personalize my communication and hit send! Folks are generous and every little bit adds up and makes a difference in the ADA's mission work.
2. Personalization is critical - While your Tour Center provides templates, you can and should edit. One thing I’m trying this year is a "Top 5 List - How ADA Uses Funding" in my own words. You could also try "Top 5 Ways I've Seen ADA Make a Difference" or something similar.
3. Reminders help motivate - calling my contacts to see if they need help making a donation was what many of them need to help spur them to make time. A quick call is more effective than the many emails in my Inbox.
General Tour Questions and Assistance
Don’t forget, the ADA Tour de Cure Staff is here to help you with anything you need!
• Brandi Miller: email@example.com | 720-855-1102 ext. 7023
• Susanna Eckelberger: firstname.lastname@example.org | 720-855-1102 ext. 7019
• Hannah Hoogenboom: email@example.com | 720-855-1102 ext. 7031