Be a Leader - Champions to Stop Diabetes
If you are ready to do more than just register we want to encourage you to become a Champion to Stop Diabetes! Anyone can become a Champion and the impacts they make are felt far and wide! Those riders who raise $1,000 or more are Champions to Stop Diabetes.
Champions help the American Diabetes Association to; train school
personnel to keep children with diabetes safe at school, provide assistance to
individuals who are being discriminated against because of their diabetes,
provide support to people who are newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and so
much more. In short funds raised by Champions directly impact some of our most
How Can I Become a Champion to Stop Diabetes?
- If you haven't registered yet, do that first! Simply click REGISTER at the top of the screen.
- Set your goal at $1,000 or more. Remember, ADA will be there every step of the way to help you achieve your goal.
- Tell everyone you know you are ‘Striving to be Champion’ and that you need their support. You can even use pre-written email templates in your Fundraising Center that asks others to help you become a Champion!
- Thank your donors, ask others to support you, and watch your thermometer grow!
- Celebrate becoming a Champion to Stop Diabetes and receive extra perks at the event. Check out our new 2017 recognition gifts here.
"Hi, I’m Martin Plumleigh, Colorado Tour de Cure Champions Chairman. I support Tour de Cure because my daughter, Caroline, lives with type 1 diabetes and is a Red Participant, and I have many friends who battle type 1 or 2 diabetes. I salute them for the daily success of their personal struggle.
I want you to know that your hard work counts! For Champions, there’s lots of varying incentive gifts but still greatest incentive is your personal contribution to help eliminate diabetes, and improve the lives of thousands.
The diabetes community needs you to be a part of Tour de
Cure and help raise money to find a cure! On
behalf of Caroline and myself-THANK YOU.
KEEP CALM and PEDAL ON!!!"
Colorado Tour de Cure Volunteer Planning Committee
If you have questions or want more information on being a Champion to Stop Diabetes contact Brandi Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (720) 855-1102 ext. 7023