Be a Volunteer
Volunteers are so special to the American Diabetes Association and every hour you give makes a major impact. The Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes is a success because so many volunteers give their heart and soul. Here are some of the reasons people volunteer:
- A passion for the fight against diabetes and the mission of the American Diabetes Association
- A love for walking and staying healthy.
- A desire to be a part of a fun and exciting group and meet new people.
- Wanting to be member of the group that plans the event.
- It's a great way to be a part of the community and make a difference.
Whatever your reason, we would love for you to become part of this dynamic, passionate and fun group of people that volunteer together at this event.
Day of event Volunteer positions available:
- Event Set up
- Route Signage
- Volunteer Check-in
- Medical Support
- Start/Finish line cheer teams
- Active Kids' Area
- Lunch Tent
To learn more about volunteering or to sign up; reach out to your Local Event Contact:
Name: Your Pittsburgh Step Out Team
Phone: 412-824-1181 ext. 4520